Mendocino Coast Glove Box Guide
Updates through March 2014
Many changes have occurred in visitor-serving businesses since our October 2003 edition. Here's the latest lowdown on new accommodations and changes, listed by town. The star (*) indicates our favorites. Accommodations that have closed are listed at the end.
- Cove Azul replaced Cypress Bar & Grill.
- Bones Roadhouse 884-1188 replaced Sandpiper.
- Thai Kitchen 884-4141 replaced Fish Rock Cafe.
- Mariachis replace Taqueria Briza del Mar
- Pier Chowder House and Tap Room replaced Arena Cove Bar & Grill.
- Pizza’s and Cream replaced Cozmic Pizza.
- Rollerville Cafe 882-2077 replaced Old House Cafe.
- Lighthouse Pointe Inn replaced Rollerville Junction.
- New: Arena Rock Cafe, 240 Main, 882-2556.
- New: Uneda Eat, 206 Main, 882-3800, unedaeat.com.
- Heritage House reopened 202-9000.
- Inn at Cobbler’s Walk replaced Rachel’s Inn 707-937-0088
- Cottages at Little River Cove replaced Fools Rush Inn.
- Andiron Seaside Inn & Cabins replaced Pacific Mist Bungalows.
- Wild Fish, 937-3055, replaced Edge of the Earth.
- Blue Door Inn 800-486-2104 replaced Whitegate Inn.
- Reed Manor is now part of the *MacCallum House Inn.
- Raku House Inn 800-780-7905 replaced McElroy’s Cottage Inn.
- New: *Lighthouse Inn at Point Cabrillo 937-5033.
- *Frankie’s Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor replaced Lipinski’s Juice Joint.
- Good Life Cafe replaced Mendocino Bakery & Cafe
- Moody’s Organic Coffee Bar replaced Community Coffee & Cookie.
- Trillium Restaurant replaced Moose Cafe.
- Flow replaced Bay View Cafe
- La Playa Restaurante Mexicana, 964-4074, moved to Fort Bragg at 542 N. Main.
- Anchor Lodge Motel and *Silver’s at the Wharf (formerly the Wharf) have new contact info: 964-0569.
- Living Light Inn replace Colonial Inn.
- Travelodge replaced Chelsea Inn & Suites.
- Heron’s by the Sea moved to 32150 N. Harbor Dr., now with breakfast as well as lunch/dinner, replaced Sharon’s by the Sea.
- Chapter & Moon now serves breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- *Viraporn’s Thai Cafe, 962-0717, moved to the Pine Beach Inn.
- David’s Deli moved to the Boatyard Shopping Center (near Harvest Market).
- New: Cucina Verona (Italian Restaurant), 124 E. Laurel, 964-6844;.
- New: Taka’s Japanese Grill, 250-A N. Main, 964-5204.
- New: *Cirino’s Sandwich Shop, 131 E. Laurel, 964-5493.
- New: Living Light Deli (raw foods) in The Company Store, Main & Redwood streets, 964-2420.
- New: Relish Hot Dogs, 260 N. Main, 962-0633.
- New: Asian Buffet, 450 N. Franklin, 964-8938.
- New: The Q BBQ joint, 1064 S. Main, 961-0100.
Also new: Fort Bragg’s new *C.V. Starr Community Center, 964-9446, 300 S. Lincoln at Maple, has a gorgeous new 21,000-square-foot Aquatic Center with two indoor pools, an 85-foot water slide and a lazy river. Also on the grounds: exercise rooms, party rooms, and an off-leash dog park. It replaced the antique pool at the old Recreation Center on Laurel Street. Check it out!
- Newly refurbished Westport Hotel, 964-3688, www.westporthotel.us, has 6 rooms in the $140-195 range, and serves dinner Friday and Saturday 5-9 pm, Sunday Brunch 10-2.
- The Other Place has a new phone: 895-3979.
- Aquarelle Cafe & Wine Bar, 895-2767, replaced Horn of Zeese.
Accommodations that have closed:
Gualala: The Old Milano Hotel, Oceansong Pacific Grill, The Food Company, Sandpiper Restaurant and Smokehouse Grill have closed. Pangaea Cafe closed, still catering 882-2664. Gualala Hotel Restaurant “closed for renovation".
Point Arena: El Burrito Organic Taqueria, Palmer’s Grill, The Phoenix, The Record closed.
Mendocino: Cypress Cove closed. Rick’s of Mendocino closed. Moose Cafe closed. Bay View Cafe closed.
Fort Bragg: Annie’s Jughandle Beach B&B Inn, Avalon House have closed. North Coast Sports Cafe, The Rendezvous, Chapter & Moon, Main Street Diner, Samraat, Fort Bragg Steak House closed.
Anderson Valley: Sheep Dung Estates closed. Buckhorn Saloon, Lumberjack Pizza, Cafe Glad, Maggie Mae’s and Taqueria del Taco have closed.
Back to Home Page
Top of page